Tuesday, November 13, 2012

another set of 4x15 steady states

I rode these inside this morning. Its a little too cold for me to head out and do intervals when its in the 30's. Hate the cold! The first 15 minute effort was at 321 followed by 322 and 319. Cadence was around 88-90 on those and HR was right at 161 which is my threshold. I was finishing with HR around 165+. The fourth effort was pretty lousy. At the 11 minute mark my power average was at 307 and cadence was dying so I stopped. This shows why I fall apart in 40k time trials. I'm ok for the first 15 minutes and even the first 30 but after that, not so good. This is something to work on this winter and looking at the schedule I have more opportunities. Last weeks efforts outside were about the same power average with the exception of the last effort where I still held around 320. I was actually glad to do these inside as its harder to maintain that power while staring at the tv or listening to music or both. I always assume that if I can hold my zones inside I should exceed them outside. Also worth noting that even while drinking a couple of bottles over this 1:45 training ride I was still down 5 lbs. Also had the fan cranked. Could be that dehydration came into play a little on that last 15 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy