Wednesday, October 24, 2012

30/30, day 2 and other comments

Started off today with a 6:00 am one hour training session with a tri-athlete I work with. He's great client. He'll be 70 next year and is still super enthusiastic about his training and getting faster on the bike, in the water and on the run. He also wins, a lot. I hope I'm still hammering at that age. After that I taught the 8:15 spin (we did a simulated group ride with no breaks, lost a of fast paced efforts with plenty of climbing) and then taught the 9:15 circuit (lots of core work, lunges, squats, pushups, and ploy-metrics). I was pretty tired after that two hour stretch so I waited a couple of hours to do the 30/03's. I used the course at Ault Park again and the average power for each of the 3 sets of ten were 566, 570, and 568. Not too far below yesterdays but i also didn't hit the 600+ power. Had a couple at 595-597 but also a low of 518 on the third of set 1 and a couple of 540's. Have a two hour endurance ride tomorrow and then taking the weekend off to travel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy