Thursday, October 18, 2012

15x1's, third day this week, 6th in last two weeks

Wrapped up the last day on the 15x1 power intervals today. Did three consecutive days this week and three last week with one day between the 2nd and 3rd day. That makes 90 of these since last Tuesday. Certainly better not to think about that when I first started them last week. Todays average power was 475, the lowest of all 6 days. Not too surprising. Didn't have any above 500 today. Normalized power for the 45 minute ride was 345. Heart rate was hitting 95-97% at the end of the efforts but still going back down to 80% in the minute between. I do always hit the trainer when I get home for a cool down. Riding more circles at the park would be an option but I'd rather spin at an easy pace while I read some magazines. I'll ride very easy tomorrow (inside) and Saturday in preparation for the 100 mile Crankenstein time trial relay. Not too concerned about this being my best effort but should be able to put in a solid ride. I'll be riding the first leg (22-23 miles) and then the last 33 miles with my other two team mates. After that the next event will be the indoor time trial in Dayton. The multiple power intervals should help with that and I assume there will be more on the calendar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy