Tuesday, January 14, 2014

further indoor tt thoughts

In talking with one of my athletes we were looking at the indoor tt in 1/3 splits. Better to go off hard and try to hang on? Better to ride for average throughout? Just out of curiosity I broke my indoor tt into thirds. My highest average power came in the last 5 minutes and it was 5% higher than the first 5 minutes. My first 5 minutes was at my average for the entire ride. The middle 5 was about 2.5% below my ending average. And just so the math doesn't seem off, these weren't perfect 5 minute splits. The middle was actually closer to 6 minutes and the last just under 4 but you get the idea. I paced myself at the start based on where I thought I could end with the power and had a little left in the end to ramp it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy