Saturday, March 23, 2013

2x60 Tempo Comments

Have to say that when I saw 2x60 minutes at tempo on the schedule I wasn't thrilled. No way would I do these inside. Fortunately todays weather was pretty decent (40's) so I got outside. Overall rode 100 miles and fit these in early in the ride. The first 30 minutes went from River Downs (or what was River Downs) out to New Richmond. This was 30 minutes at 294 watts. I took a couple of minutes to get through the 4 lights in New Richmond and thendid the next 30 minutes at 295. This took me to about Meldahl Dam where I took about 10 minutes off with some easy riding and eating some food. I then rode 35 minutes back to New Richmond at 286 and then did 13 and 13 minutes at 287. The 13-13 had about a 10 second break at the light at 10 Mile Road. Previously, like three years ago, I did a 90 minute tempo and held about 265 so todays two hours at roughly 290 or so feels pretty good. Legs are definitely tired tonight. Tomorrow calls for one 40 minute effort. Overall the week had several 40 minute efforts and two days with 55 minutes of strength/plyometrics. Feeling ready for that first time trial in April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy