Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Three year Cleves Time Trial Summary

Here are some numbers from the last three years at Cleves:
2007 average speed for all rides, 26.92; best three rides, 27.27 mph
2008 average speed for all rides, 27.04; best three rides, 27.54 mph
2009 average speed for all rides, 27.66 mph; best three rides, 28.24 mph

The average speed included no fewer than 18 rides. My equipment has stayed relatively the same with my HED rear disc (7 years old) and HED tri-spoke (replaced last year due to a crack but the same model as previously used). I did change my frame this year from the HED to a Kuota. My position is always being tweaked here and there but never dramatically. The bike weight this year is about 1 lb lighter than last year. I have changed helmets over the years from Giro to Spiuk to LG. I do know that my wattage last winter and through the spring into summer in my training was consisently higher with my steady states in the 290-315 range for 40 to 60 minutes at a time and my tt efforts during training in the 320 to 340 range. I was holding tempo wattage for 90 minutes in the 270 range. Wattage during tt events is around 350 for shorter 10 mile efforts and in the 330's for 40k's.

One again, I think that consistent training over many years is still paying off. You can only buy so much speed; at some point, you need to put out some power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy