Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Training Mediocrity

This is the time of the year when I meet a lot of athletes bringing their training indoors or contacting me regarding upgrading their self-made plans. The one thing I see is the lack of intensity in their training. I think this is due to the fact that it just hurts to do it and without someone telling you to do it, why do it?  I have no doubts that doing 30 second, one minute, two minute, or three minute efforts knowing that you will be submitting the data to a coach is motivational. I actually have athletes apologize for efforts that they feel are below expectations! Thats not necessary but I get it. If I don't do as well as hoped I do feel like I let my coach down.  There is so much time still left before the season starts that any training that falls short isn;t a big deal. In fact, it could be that you're just pushing extra hard, and that is fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy