Monday, July 13, 2015

5K time trial at Nationals in Minneapolis

I thought that in order to win I'd have to be close to 400 watts. Its a short event, usually 6:25-7:00 depending on the course. At the end of the first couple of minutes I was well over 420 and hit the turn at 415 avg. I started up again after the turn in the 390's. Amazing how much power and speed you lose off your average when you slow down that much. On the way back I pushed the avg power back up to the upper 390's. There was a low spot on the course near a lake and coming out of this up a small hill and to the finish I was well over 430 and hitting 450. Finished around 400 avg at 6:46.3. this put me 1.1 second off the winning time of 6:45.2. Silver again. I've ridden four of the events, Cleveland and now Minneapolis, and have all silvers to show for it. I never finish these thinking I could have ridden any harder. Still, a little disappointing to be that close to the gold. Birmingham in 2017!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy