Saturday, March 22, 2014

Ride to Clingmans Dome

Rode the 26 miles from the chalet to the top of Clingmans Dome today. Went all the way up the path to the observation deck as the road from Newfound Gap is still closed so there is no foot traffic on the trail and no rangers/volunteers to stop me. Warm in Gatlinburg when I left at 9:15 (low 50's) but pretty cold at the top, probably low 40's. Hauled my Nikon in the rear bag (hadn't used this in years) and had the Polaroid XS100i mounted on the bars. In general, I looked like a real dork. Fortunately no one here knows me. It was nice having the year bag o store the clothes I didn't need on the way up but did need on the way down. Took about 2:20 from the chalet or a little under 2 hours from Sugarland Visitor Center. That included one stop to shed some clothes. Avg power on the way up was 238.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy