Sunday, September 29, 2013

Strava

I've had a lot of people ask me why I don't use Strava. I guess my main consideration would be that I know what zones I want to train in to do well in my events so I concentrate on that and use courses that suit my training. I have to say that during training I only care what I'm doing and not what others have done. I may go up a hill 10 times or do out and back intervals on the same road for two hours. I don't really care that one person put in one big effort to get an online time. I keep my training as just that, my training, where I do track mainly power and not speed. I save my big efforts for the 30+ time trials I ride each year. Plus, I have concerns about safety and cheating with Strava. Truly have no time to get caught up in that. Plus, its nice to just ride for the pure pleasure of riding when I'm not training. I don't want to feel like every ride is a race. I guess Strava is a great competitive outlet for a lot of riders and thats good. Just not my thing at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy