Thursday, April 18, 2013

Century in Tennessee

I started today at 7:45 from our house in Gatlinburg with the temps in the 60's already. It was spring until about 3800' when the clouds rolled in. Around 5000' (Newfound Gap) the view up the road was limited to less than 100 yds and by the time I got to Clingmans Dome at 6300' the wind was blowing 40+ mph and temps were in the upper 40's. There were only two cars and one NPS truck in the lot. The NPS employee told me the wind was going to pick up into the 50-60 mph range. I decided to skip riding the 27 miles downhill into Cherokee, NC and instead headed back to Sugarlands where I rode towards Cades Cove. After 6:20 minutes of riding and just under 10,000' of climbing I had my 100 miles. Long day on the bike!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy