Thursday, January 3, 2013

3x20's in Great Smoky Mountain National Park

Finally did some intervals outside. Still pretty cold here with temps in the mid to upper 30's. I truly hate riding in the cold but with no trainer and some great roads to ride I headed out after lunch. I started each of these at the border of Gatlinburg and the park and rode to Fighting Creek Gap at the Laurel Falls parking area. Going all the way on the 1st and 3rd took about 22 minutes. The middle effort I stopped at 20 minutes. On all three I rode back down to the border. Needless to say the down at 35 mph was pretty cold. I don't think that helped. Power on the first was 324, the second was 315 and the last 307. the average for all three was about 315. Ideally I should be at 319 on the low end. The three indoor efforts on Monday were 320-321. Given the cold I'm not going to worry about 5 watts. I know from past experience that my time trial efforts on cold days are usually much slower (lower power) than on nice hot days. Still nice to get outside again after so many days riding inside. Should get out tomorrow for some endurance miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy