Monday, June 5, 2017

National Senior Games 10k time trial

After 4 silvers (2 each in Cleveland and Minneapolis in 2013 and 2015 respectively) I finally won the gold today in Birmingham Alabama. It was a very hilly course (7-10%) and we rode in a steady downpour all the way. I didn't think I rode all that well but I won by over a minute with a time around 15:02 give or take. Had to go to the small chainring four times and sat up on the climbs and on the descents I went out on the horns as opposed to staying in the aero bars. Twenty plus years of concentrating on time trials and finally a national championship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy