Wednesday, February 26, 2014

TT Gear

Planning on my first time trial being in April in Dayton unless the weather improves for a March event. When the time comes I'll be back on the following: HED Wheels with front tri-spoke (super fast when you get over 25 mph) and the rear Stinger Disc. I know Zipp gets all of the press but I think that the HED products perform just as well and at a better price. I don;t think that any spoke wheel, no matter the deepness of the rim, compares with the tri-spoke. My Bike is the Giant Trinity Composite 0 with the Shimano Ultegra Di2 shifting. I've owned tt bikes from Cannondale, HED AeroLab, Kuota Kalibur, custom Serotta Legend and Specialized Transition. The Giant is the best of those. It handles well (the Transition was a issue going into all turns…felt like it didn't want to turn) and has great power transfer. Very stiff. For the tires I use a tubular Continental on the rear and a Vittoria on the front. Both are rated very highly on the rolling resistance charts. I use a Profile Design Aero HC bottle between the bars. My Stages power crank arm is going toe be installed in a couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy