Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Indispensable Piece of Equipment: Cycle Ops Indoor 400

With the winter season almost over, hopefully, and having on ridden outside twice since December I've come to appreciate my Cycle-Ops Indoor 400 even more than in the past. I've had it for about 4 years and just two weeks ago made the first adjustment to the chain. Other than that it has been rock solid. I've likely put about 30,000 miles on it. The PowerTap data on the Joule 3 is comprehensive with IF, TSS, NP, and all of the typical current and averages for HR, speed, miles per hour, etc. People will always mention that the roughly $2500 price tag is steep but given the use I've gotten out of it and will continue to get and the quality training it offers with the ability to choose power or 11-21 gears or -10 to +10 slope, I couldn't be happier. Its also quiet and never gets a flat tire. hands down the best money I ever spent on indoor riding. I don't have the option to ride courses but I don;t really care. Most of my training is strictly riding within a set range of power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy