Monday, February 11, 2013

This past week and this week

Last week was pretty much all about the 2x8 power intervals. Late in the week I rode a few days at endurance pace and taught two spin classes for Pedal for Parkinsons. The last of the indoor time trials was on Sunday but I decided to skip it. I was pretty well ahead in my age bracket and one of the goals this year is to ride fewer time trials. Last year I did about 38 and we determined that was too many so skipping this one is a good start to riding fewer but ideally faster events this year. It was good to see a couple of my clients post PR or close to PR's at this event. It can be frustrating when they ride on that is slower than expected but this is usually the result of the training load this time of year. Even with s small taper they can get back to their big power. This is a C event on the calendar but we all still like to post some fast times. Just the same, its only February so no need to be in anywhere near peak condition. I picked up an amazing Tommasini Sintesi last week on ebay. Its ten years old but looks brand new with all of the amazing chrome lugs, signature T engraved in them and the bottom bracket, the chrome fork and stays and the super nice blue paint with silver and red highlights. I have a 1986 Tommasini Super Prestige that I still ride so it will be nice to have a newer model. It came with Campy Chorus but I'm converting it to Shimano so my training wheels/Powertap will work on it. I'll be selling the Campy gear if any one is interested. Heading to Tennessee to ride Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and maybe Saturday. I have some steady states on the schedule and some long endurance rides. The weather is supposed to be sunny and in the mid 50's. I'll be posting photo's on Facebook. It's been great to see so many people in my classes. The two Circuit classes have been between 30 and 38 each week and the four Spin classes have been from 20-35 (filled). The latest shipment of Keiser bikes makes teaching a lot of fun with the wattage function. We used it yesterday in the 90 minute Indoor Endurance when we did some one minute and five minute efforts. Everyone was gunning for big average power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy