Sunday, August 28, 2011

Training Updates

The time trial season is winding down and as hoped my times have been faster now that the extreme heat and humidity have departed especially at the early 5:30 ride time. My goal was to have at least one time under 22 minutes and I hit 21:58. My times at the blue Streak in Dayton have been fast with a 21:18 in August, just 6 seconds off my PR. the weekly time trial at Cleves is great training even without being close to my PR of 21:34. The interval training from Coach Julia at CTS has been tough but extremely worthwhile. The hill accelerations and 30 minute tt efforts have made a difference.

The 217 mile Tour de Ky is in less than two weeks. I've logged 18 rides over 100 miles this season and several over 150. I'm not too worried about the legs handling the effort but more worried about that much time on the bike. The new team shorts are big improvement and I've upgraded to some high-end Specialized gloves. I'm looking forward to a well-paced day across Ky on that Saturday and then a 100+ day on Sunday into Gatlinburg.

I should hit the highest mileage total for a year by the end of 2011 with over 15,000. Many of these are very low wattage and interval days (whether one or several in row) are followed by easy days and rest days. Should do well with the few time trials left and then head into the indoor tt season in November feeling strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy