Wednesday, October 11, 2017

33k World Senior Time Trial

Another bronze today. The course was 20.44 miles. I paced myself from the start using HR of between 160 and 170 most of the way, low 90%'s of max. It was probably the least miserable longer time trial I've ever done. Maybe I could have ridden a little harder but I didn't feel that way on the course. Seemed like a really good pace. And my slightly less radical position kept my neck from bothering me. Overall, I thought I rode well. I'm sure if we did more 20 minute steady states I would get better at this. Still not sure I care that much ;-) Thrilled to come out of here with two medals. I think I surprised he guys from the western mountain states. Was the only guy from the east in my bracket, and overall from what I could tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy