Saturday, December 8, 2012

Training Plan for 2013

A couple of days ago my coach sent me a week by week outline for my 2013 training with the state time trial, senior olympics, and track and road nationals being the A races. We also talked about scaling back on the weekly local time trials. Last year I rode over 35 events with about 20 of those being the Tuesday 10.25 mile Cleves Time Trial. She's kept close track of my power through the season and how it is affected by the training, races, recovery, etc. While the weekly event is basically training it is still pretty stressful and there are concerns about getting enough recovery. This weeks steady states went pretty fairly well. The Tuesday efforts as noted were right on but Wednesdays, ridden after my one hour spin class and one hour circuit, were a few watts lower and I did not complete all four of the 12 minute efforts. The number of classes taught per week and that I also participate in is another topic of discussion. In the season I only teach and rarely participate but in the winter I participate more. no doubt it affects the power held in training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | About Coach | Time Trials & Clinics
Heart Rate Zones | Energy Systems & How To Train Them
Blog | Photos & Other Links | Contact Us


1180 Beverly Hill Drive | 513.207.4269
pwimberg@aol.com
Privacy Policy